Friday, January 30, 2009

A new project

I've been hired to work on a public art project. Originally, it was to be a mosaic on the floor of a bandshell. After talking with several experts, it is clear that this is not a good idea here in Minnesota. The water can get in and the freezing and thawing can (and does) cause the mosaic to break apart. Vertical outdoor surfaces are less problematic, but still have issues of their own. So I'm looking into a variety of options for the bandshell to present at my meeting. I'm going to be working on some designs as well. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Central Park in Roseville?

Barbara Benson (Bebe) Keith said...

Yes it is! I'll be up there a few times, maybe we can meet there for a dog walk or something!

Anonymous said...

That would be great! Congratulations on landing another big project!

Kim said...

Wow!!! This looks like it would be lots of fun! Keep us posted - be interested to see your designs :)