Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What to Do With All Those Saved Fortunes?

I've been saving fortunes from cookies forever. Un-fortune-ately, many are stained from the cookie oils, but I still have a pretty good selection. A few years ago, I used some of these in a painting, but this is the first time I've used them in mosaics. I love how they inspire ideas! This is one for the show at 360 I mentioned below.
I'm also using millefiori for the first time with my most recent mosaics. They add a little flair and they are a bit whimsical, which fits for this theme. I put some in the kiln and melted them to see how that would look. I used the melted ones below in another fortune piece.

3 comments:

Irit Levy said...

What a great idea with the fortune notes, and as usual your work is inspiring.

Christine Brallier said...

I love this idea and of course love seeing the mille in your work - a perfect fit!!

Barbara Benson (Bebe) Keith said...

Thanks Irit and Christine!